Harlequins made history at the Twickenham Stoop.

The Quartered Men had to dig deep to pull out a win at home against Glasgow Warriors after letting a fourteen-point first half lead slip in the second half.

Marcus Smith was named Player of the Match after converting 100% on his kicks, plus a try and assist to add to the mix.
Glasgow Warriors scored in the opening three minutes through Cummings; Jordan adding the conversion.

Quins then had the opportunity to add three points to the scoreboard but opted for the corner. Four times they went for the corner and four times they came away with no points. Cadan Murley came close to opening the scorecard for the hosts but a TMO (television match official) decision ruled ‘no try’ with ‘clear separation’.

It was not until the first quarter of the game had elapsed before The Giant Esterhuizen crossed the whitewash for Harlequins. Smith converted to level the scores.

Glasgow racked up the penalties, and the referee had no option but to issue a yellow card to the visitors after 32 minutes; Tuipulotu the man sent to the bin.

Smith saw an opening and darted his way through the defence to add seven points to the scoreboard, converting his own try. Glasgow were penalised again for an off-the-ball tackle and Murley got his name on the scoreboard; no need for TMO intervention this time. Smith was three from three for his conversions.

That was the final play of the first half – Glasgow giving away 12 penalties in the first 40 minutes; Harlequins eventually capitalising.

Half Time at the Twickenham Stoop: Harlequins 21 – 7 Glasgow Warriors

At the start of the second half, Glasgow wasted no time in clawing back the deficit.

By the 53rd minute, the men in blue had levelled the scores after two tries in the space of as many minutes. Just 6 minutes later and Glasgow Warriors had regained the lead through a penalty kick.

Joe Marler was then sin-binned for a dangerous tackle for the hosts but Quins held firm, cut down on the number of penalties and managed to secure the win through a bonus-point try from Sam Riley as the squad barrelled over the whitewash in a rolling maul with three minutes to go.

Glasgow pushed to the end but the Quins defence held, forcing the men in blue back up the pitch. In the end it was all-or-nothing play – a Hail Mary cross-field kick from Glasgow that bounced into touch, much to the relief of Harlequins and their fans.

Full time at the Twickenham Stoop: Harlequins 28 – 24 Glasgow Warriors

Harlequins progress to the quarter finals of the Champions Cup for the first time in their history.