28 year old Sean Deery, from Molesey, has been sentenced to life with a minimum term of 25 years in prison.

18 year old Sebastian Niven, from Thames Ditton, has been sentenced to life with a minimum of 14 years in prison.

The court hear how in December, Farhad was stabbed several times along Surbiton Crescent and died at the scene.

A review of CCTV identified both Deery and Niven as Farhad’s killers.

Farhad was stabbed several times and managed to stagger to Surbiton Road where he collapsed.

Police, London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but Farhad died at the scene.

A quick-time review of CCTV identified both Deery and Niven attacking Farhad.

Deery had subsequently been detained after being wrongly identified as a suspect in a separate robbery that took place in nearby Portsmouth Road, Kingston shortly before the attack on Farhad.

Niven had fled on foot but was subsequently arrested at his home address the following day.

Blood-stained clothing was found linking him to the attack on Farhad.

While in custody, both Deery and Niven refused to answer any questions put to them in police interview but the evidence against them was such that both were charged with murder.

Detective Inspector Jim Barry, from the Specialist Crime Command, said: “While Farhad and his assailants were known to each other it has never been established why they attacked him in such a violent manner.

“What is clear is that when Deery and Niven launched their attack, they did so with a ferocity and intent to cause Farhad significant harm.

“The actions of those on scene, including the officers who initially responded to the call, were commendable and helped us quickly identify and detain both suspects. The support and assistance from the local community was vital.

“This has enabled us to put those responsible for Farhad’s murder before the courts to face the consequences of their actions. I hope these sentences bring some small degree of comfort to Farhad’s family and friends who have been left to deal with the tragic outcome.”